The United Kingdom will play its part. We will aim to ratify within the year and we will spare no effort to ensure this Arms Trade Treaty makes a real difference to the people that need it most, for finally I have signed for the innocent, caught up in conflict instigated by the wickedness of others, I sign for lives needlessly lost, in the hope that by making it more difficult for illicit arms to cause misery, an extra chance may be allowed for peaceful resolution of conflict, so that the world of my children and granddaughter will be that bit more bearable.
The Mission covers a wide range of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's objectives from the peaceful settlements of disputes to protecting the environment, from respect for human rights to promoting sustainable development.
- legostarwarsworld likes this
- buysteroidsunitedkingdom likes this
- jazzismus likes this
- thebritishnobility likes this
- voreica likes this
- cakeisnotpiesammy likes this
- tenten81 reblogged this from ukinusa
- water-rusts-the-pipes likes this
- princeharrysupporter likes this
- ukinusa reblogged this from ukun-newyork
- ukun-newyork posted this